The healthcare sector is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing industries. Healthcare companies are fast adopting changes in the technology landscape to cater to their customers, internally and externally.
So, here are some unique healthcare app ideas to adapt for the healthcare industry that will not only help promote the brand among patients and other medical practitioners, but also build efficiencies into the healthcare company’s systems and processes.
With the outbreak of the pandemic in 2020, people discovered that using online fitness or healthcare applications is more convenient than going to a yoga center, fitness club, gym, or other facilities to stay healthy and fit. It’s a good idea to start your start-up adventure with a healthcare app because the need for medical and healthcare apps is enormous.
These ideas are from our insights and experience of our 10+ years of experience in developing healthcare applications for medical practices, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare data analytics companies, etc.
So let’s get right to it.
Healthcare App Ideas for Patients
This section will look at some unique medical app concepts and ideas for patients.
1. Apps Idea For Consultation With Physicians
A health problem that arises at an inopportune moment might be pretty inconvenient. What should you do if you wake up with a headache or stomach ache in the middle of the night?
One of the potential medical app concepts is an on-demand doctor service. You may effortlessly log in to the program and get the help you need no matter where you are.
When we consider the possibilities of a medical consultation application, we can see a slew of advantages.
You can talk with a licensed physician and schedule appointments online. You can also video chat with the doctors using these apps.
Additionally, you can use these applications to pay your doctor.
The Doctor on Demand app provides users with various features, including live video chat with board-certified doctors and physicians.
- Amwell is a mobile app that allows users to request a consultation with a doctor directly from the app.
- Apps like this are the epitome of a healthcare startup’s success.
A doctor consultation app is an excellent idea for a new firm to consider as a healthcare app.
2. App Idea To Take Care Of Your Health
People’s hectic schedules can cause them to forget about their prescriptions. As a result, you have the option to build a medical startup based on such concepts. To create a health reminder app, you can use a variety of online tools.
This is one of those healthcare app concepts with a vast scope. This concept can be used to create an infinite number of apps.
- You could, for example, create an app that reminds people to take their prescriptions.
- You can make the app better by including tips for people with varied health issues.
- You can also establish goals for users to attain in such apps. These additions to the ideas can help your medical startup expand faster.
There are numerous inspiring examples of these concepts for a healthcare startup. Here are a few examples:
- Medisafe is a program that keeps you up to date on your medications.
- Another tool that can help you keep track of your daily medicine is MyMedSchedule Plus.
- A reminder app is a wonderful healthcare startup concept.
3. Meditation Using Virtual Reality
An app that employs virtual reality technology to create an interactive meditation environment.
Meditation is a multi-billion-dollar business. In this category, some apps resulted in IPOs.
And virtual reality is quickly becoming the next big thing. As a result, combining the two industries will be successful.
Calm, the app, is now a publicly-traded company. They decided to go public. It was just a simple app that grew into a unicorn company.
It is estimated to be worth more than 2 billion dollars.
4. Self-Testing or Diagnostics App Idea
Smartphones have evolved to the point where they can monitor your vital signs. These kinds of scenarios have sparked ideas for a medical app that may be used to test one’s health at home.
The creation of an application that utilizes the power of your phone’s sensors, on the other hand, offers a lot of potential and advantages.
- Users can use the app to keep track of their health on a regular basis. And then act on what you’ve learned.
- Patients save a lot of time using these apps because they don’t have to go to the doctor for testing on a regular basis.
These advantages make it one of the best healthcare startup ideas.
The following are some of the most well-known instances of successful self-testing applications:
- uChek is a program that allows users to examine urine samples.
- Ada is a similar app that uses a questionnaire to examine health conditions.
- One of the most promising self-test medical app concepts is this one.
Self-testing applications are an intriguing concept for launching a medical firm.
5. App Idea For Medical Records
Apps for medical records are designed for both doctors and patients. These healthcare app ideas have the ability to improve the medical system as well.
Furthermore, these startup concepts will aid in the acceleration of medical operations.
- The main idea behind medical record applications is to collect useful user health data.
- Users can periodically enter their health records into the app.
- They can share that information with the health professional when they need to schedule an appointment.
- The doctor can develop a medicine plan or treatment based on the analysis of the obtained user-health records.
- Not only will this save the user time, but it will also allow the doctor to respond swiftly.
As a result, it is one of the top healthcare app ideas.
These are some of the best examples of healthcare app ideas:
- Capzule is a personal health record app that allows users to keep track of their medical information.
- Another PHR program, Healthspek, keeps track of everything relevant to your health.
- This is a strong indication that a health record app is one of the best medical startup ideas to pursue.
One of the forthcoming healthcare app ideas is to provide a platform for medical records.
Healthcare App Ideas For Doctors
We’ll look at some of the healthcare app concepts that are tailored to doctors in this article.
6. App Ideas For Medical Research And Education
Some potential medical app ideas for young doctors include medical references and teaching apps.
The medical reference application has a broad scope because it supplies clinicians with a wealth of useful information.
When it comes to medical app ideas for doctors, there are a lot of them. It gives them access to all of the information they need to make their medical operations more efficient.
- These apps provide clinicians with information on safe therapy and diagnosis.
- Furthermore, these applications provide disease information to doctors. A planned remedial procedure can be devised.
- Doctors can also use the app to learn about potential drug interactions.
All of these advantages of such apps allow doctors to concentrate on their patients.
- Epocrates is a HIPAA-compliant program built around the aim of providing healthcare support to doctors.
- Visual DX is a reference tool for doctors that uses visuals to assist them in diagnosing their patients.
One of the most promising healthcare startup concepts is this app.
7. Medical Training App Idea Using Augmented Reality
Clinical specialists can be prepared to lead various medical operations using an AR-based clinical preparing application. There is no compelling reason to play out the comparison in a genuine human body. Growing such a selection is a fantastic idea.
- SentiAR is an online platform that uses augmented reality to aid doctors in analyzing a patient’s anatomy using holograms.
- Many more applications are based on medical startup concepts.
8. Apps for Keeping Track of Your Health (IoT devices)
Developing a health app for doctors is one of the most popular company ideas in the medical profession. This will allow them to keep a more constant and close eye on the patients.
This and other healthcare-related company concepts have a high chance of succeeding. Doctors can keep a tight eye on their patients using health tracking apps and smart devices. These applications are integrated into EHR systems to keep track of all the necessary patient health information.
Smart wearables are also used to track user vitals in real time, such as:
- Heartbeats per minute
- Blood pressure is a measurement of how high or low
- Glucose levels in the blood
- This ensures that patients receive proper care whenever it is needed.
- QardioCore is an application that provides clinicians with real-time health data. It enables them to deliver the necessary medical care to their patients.
- Lybrate is another application for doctors that provides them with patient medical records.
Such concepts can be included into your medical startup.
9. App Idea for Medical Translation
Build a medical translation tool for doctors using one of the top ideas for a healthcare startup.
Many patients in the United States face difficulties communicating with their doctors owing to a language barrier. As a result, doctors must make use of translation software. It aids them in fully comprehending their users and prescribing the appropriate treatment in their own tongue.
Medibabble is a high-quality medical translation tool. One of the top healthcare application ideas for a start-up is translation applications.
App Ideas For Medical Practitioner
10. Virtual Training Application for Wellness
You might want to explore creating a wellness app for biking, running, and other components of your healthcare routine. You can effectively make clients cycle and run with different users by injecting some creativity into a standard home exercise application. They can define their goals and choose the best way to achieve them, all while competing fiercely with other applicants. This mobile app concept would be a huge success.
11. Virtual Reality Meditation App Idea
One of the best medical care application ideas for your start-up is to create a computer-generated knowledge-based reflection or unraveling application. You can offer them the option of listening to soothing sounds, viewing fashionable surroundings, and immersing themselves in 360-degree video recordings from across the world. You might provide them the option to choose a specific climate or a specific place during contemplation to make your software stand out.
12. Doctor-on-Demand/Telemedicine App Idea
For all intents and purposes, an on-request specialist program helps individuals to get consultation on the go with medical care specialists. Telemedicine provides easy searching of physicians and specialists, convenience of scheduling an appointment, consultations via secure text, chat and/or video and also get physician or specialist referrals via the platform. Individuals will benefit from such an application since they will be able to verify surveys and expert evaluations before contacting them.
13. Metrics tracker For Overall Health
A health-tracking tool that keeps track of all parameters as well as medical/medicine history. It will aid both patients and doctors in more effectively resolving their issues.
Medical app monitors are becoming more popular. Apps such as Google Fit, Samsung Health, and Apple’s health app are becoming increasingly popular. It demonstrates the growing popularity of such programs.
Google Fit and Samsung Health are two examples of such apps.
How To Apply These App Ideas In Your Healthcare Organization
1. Deliver Great Presentations
How much longer can you keep carrying a static PowerPoint presentation to showcase to your customer with support materials in the form of journals, brochures and the works.
People are increasingly consuming information on their tablets, and not just because of portability or mobility, but largely because of the dynamicity of the content itself.
Mobile tablets help you to present your information or content in a far more interactive and engaging manner to capture your customer’s attention.
Here’s a healthcare app idea, build a mobile app presentation that lets your customers dynamically jump from one subject to the other without having to wait for the relevant slides to come up like in a static presentation.
If your customer is a doctor, build an app that can customize content based on the amount of time he has for you. Simply enter the available time in the app, and the app then produces a presentation that can fit into the time available.
2. Make Your Customer’s Life Simple
One of your biggest customers is the medical practitioner who will either directly buy your products or recommend to the end consumer. Keeping this segment engaged is where most healthcare companies spend millions of dollars.
However, instead of spending wealth in wooing or luring them to your brand, create an ever-lasting mindspace by building a product that simplifies their lives.
Here are some healthcare app ideas to do so: build calculator tools; build reference tools so they don’t have to go through heaps of reference material; build a doctor-patient management tool where all the information of the patient and the prescriptions are stored and easily referenced by simply searching by the patient’s unique ID; these are just a few of the healthcare mobile apps that you can build to get more traction from customers.
The last healthcare mobile app idea could potentially save a lot of lives as the doctors can keep a track of patient’s health remotely and in cases of elderly patients. Reminders can be set for scheduling appointments and taking medications.
3. Increase Productivity and Efficiency
Technology has long being used for the purpose of increasing productivity and there are newer tools available each decade, which improvise from the last available set of tools.
Though, never has been such a giant leap taken that bring so much mobility to a company’s processes. Let’s bring a healthcare app idea into the picture to get the point across.
Build an app that keeps a track of all your sales representatives and manage appointments and feedback. This app will help the manager to assign appointments to a set of sales representatives efficiently from the mobile app and keep a track on the progress of how the sale is made, thereby reducing the time spent in traveling for meetings and tracking sales performance.
One app can take complete care of the sales management and lead flow process.
4. Bring Mobility to Senior Management
Senior management in any company, leave alone the healthcare companies, do end up traveling quite a lot. Imagine having to constantly logging onto their laptops and search for connectivity each time they need to check analytics or a certain dashboard for numbers.
Mobile apps bring, of course, mobility! Build a healthcare mobile app for the health care companies that ties in with their existing CRM systems, Sales Management Systems, Product Systems, etc for reporting of key data and analysis on the go, on their mobile phones.
5. Engage the End Customer
Healthcare companies spend billions of dollars in advertising to get the attention of the end consumer. Marketing has tremendously changed in these times where the usage of social media has crept into the daily lives of consumers.
Companies cannot have a marketing plan that does not use technology to not only reach out to the consumers but also get them engaged with their platform.
A great healthcare app idea in this case is to help your end customers keep a track of their medicines they need to take, schedule appointments with reminders and easy access to medical information and help at the push of a button.
The golden rule in all of this is to keep your product free from blatant endorsements and branding and the trick is to keep it subtle.
Your intention is to provide your customer value and for not a moment let them think the intention is to make a sale happen. Once you do this right, there’s no reason why you wouldn’t get the deserved attention from customers and stay ahead of the curve.